Dreams, Illusions, Bubbles, Shadows

24 August 2005

The Friend From A Decade Ago

After an 8 years lapse, I finally met the girlie whom I grow up with. Time has not left its traces on JP. She was still as lovely as ever. In contrast, JP could hardly recognise me. I've aged significantly, I guess. *dramatic sigh*

In between morsels of baked rice and spaghetti and an easy stroll along the walkway, we summarised our going-ons in the eight years. Poor JP, she didn't take to my hair adventures well. Reckon she'd give up her tv set rather than wear an one-inch spikyhead which I fancied just 6 months ago. It's alright, JP. You're not alone. lol

I wish I can eat without guilt like you do! Bangs head against wall. But hey, eat more greens, fruits and wholemeal! And work that body while you're at it too!! Lazy taladum...tsk :p

Looking back our childhood stories were hilarious. I was an awkward, shy, seen-but-not-heard kid. Shakes head. I can't imagine not chattering my head off now. I would talk through heaven and sun to dispel awkward silence. Silence at the table could be unnerving and depressing. Another thing I'm glad of is I've grown out of the silly inferiority complex mindset. (Insert vulgarity here.)

I like the way I am. A few lesser inches and ounces will be a bonus. Even if that doesn't materialise, I'll still continue climbing the 9 flights of stairs home and watch what goes down my throat. I'm health conscious more than image conscious. Looks fade with time but health is a longterm investment.

I'm thankful for the day I made you my friend, JP.


0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home