Dreams, Illusions, Bubbles, Shadows

28 July 2005

A Yin-Yang Mix

It's difficult to describe the mood I'm in now. It's an oddish yin-yang mood.

I'm not pleased because of a boyish crew cut that results in me being effectively recognised as a boy. (NB: I did not request for this hairstyle. The brave hairdresser took it upon herself to make a boy out of me.) SHOULDN'T have trimmed my hair. Darn. I can virtually do a hair-count and trust me, it won't take longer than your dinner.

I'm overjoyed because of a certain phone call. A short-lived joy when I realised how ill-prepared I am. After two months of pointless waiting, I've dropped all hopes of getting called up. I'm a fine mess of a nervous wreck. I still do not own a pair of black pumps. The one pair I had was mouldy and yicky yacky. It had long left my shoe rack. Mum suggested wearing a skirt. For goodness sake, I've stopped wearing skirts after J2! I'm sticking strictly to a pantsuit. Anyway, I'm already an Ah Boy. No point feigning feminism with an A-line skirt. That would be nothing more but a lame attempt at a joke.

I'm excited/energetic/estastic because I've a deadline to meet. The familiar late night working. The sporadic, distant vroom-vroom of motor vehicles from the road. The gentle flapping of the peach curtains against the window grille. The soft chirping of the crickets. The race against sunrise.

Oh my, this is life! I miss working.

P.S. Don't be quick to judge me. I'm not a perverted nut.


3 comment(s):

Hey girl, Good luck! =)
n ho ho ho, i still v keen to c ur new hair style! lol... lalala
Joel

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:13 AM  

*faints* I've just been dubbed lion king...sounds more macho than ah boy....shucks

By Blogger Michelle, at 12:19 AM  

ho ho ho ~ RoarS ~ Joel

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home