Dreams, Illusions, Bubbles, Shadows

18 July 2005

Sisters Who Bite

Finally see my sis, Jo today. Have not seen her for close to 3 weeks. We are a quarrelsome duo, bicker more than talk. During school term, even though we live under one roof, we hardly see each other much less talk. Quite unbelivable if you consider the area of living space we have. Communication was down to short notes, sms and msn. Character difference aside, our schedules played a part too. However eccentric we are, the gunfire we puffed through our conversations disappears during weekends. Maybe it's a reflex action based on locality.

When Mum suggested we stay together, our response was unanimous. I was surprised my head did not fly off with the violent shaking. We'd probably bite each other's head off within 2 days. Nonetheless, moving plans proceeded. Today was Day 1 sharing a room with Jo. Went unexpectedly well though tempers did flare at one interval. Thank goodness, the other did not respond to the temper challenge.

At home, I'm contented to listen to the lively exchange between Jo and LP. When Jo goes off for school term, it's me and LP. LP is a great sister to have, the most resourceful person in the family who manages the security and stock. You can never hide anything from her. Ask her where anything is and she'll produce the very item in 5 minutes. I gave up locking up my drawers cos LP would probably know where my keys are. lol

I shared a close conversation with Jo tonight. As we laid on our backs, I updated her on the recent going-on at home, with my friends and general issues. Her complex school tales usually bore me but today, they're especially intriguing. Everything from class to faculty and committee to student leadership. She has worked for her achievements today and though I never tell her this, I'm very proud of her.

We're not only well-matched in terms of temperament, we're also very candid and frank. I'll laugh off any reserved civility from her and vice versa. She who always leaves the housekeeping to me, changed my bedsheets while I was out. A small gesture that speaks volumes.

I never think much about cherishing my siblings and family. To the extent of mocking at friends who dote on their siblings. But with the coming-of-age, family is the most important to me.

As I write now, I'm glad Jo moved in. I look forward to lunch with Jo tomorrow.

Sweet dreams and good luck to your MI common test tomorrow.

P.S. The bet is on. As well as our vision after graduation.


0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home