Dreams, Illusions, Bubbles, Shadows

25 July 2005

Bits and Ends

I received a post from the school a couple of days ago. It was disappointingly thin. Not that I'm pining for a fat WelcomeBack parcel but I was praying for a result slip or a confirmation letter of some sort. Affixed to the Aug-Feb timetable was a list of instructions among which I was to obtain the signature of my lecturer/tutor for every lesson. Bother.

Good news is I've Jan 2nd, 2006 free. Additionally, the entire month of January looks fairly uncluttered. I've planned my lessons (one part intention, two part mishap) to accomodate my brother's school hours. Christopher will be starting Primary One next Jan in the afternoon session. With my flexible hours, I can take him to school and bring him home in the evening. Between coaching him for homework and finishing up mine (I realised to my horror I've signed up for quite a few quanlitative modules), and sorting out the loose ends of cumbersome tasks that always find their way to my hands, I'll be lucky if I can squeeze out time to slack.

Nonetheless, that's a small sacrifice in exchange for my brother's company :) I gotta master the videocam to shoot his first day in school! Or at least compile a mini first-day-at-school album... Mmm...

My Sony Ericsson handphone said its final farewell on July 22, 2005. It was 1 year and 10 days old. I bought a Nokia model, a replacement which was too thick to slip into my pocket, obsolete in performance and homely in comparison to its predecessor. The Nokia mobile eventually returned to its display case a day later. I requested the salesman for a lightweight, intuitive, no-frill handset and went home happily with a Sony Ericsson J series mobile which is incredibly light and intuitive! LP tagged along that day and got away with a K series mobile (her current phone is only a few months old).

Ironically, fancy phones are getting bigger as they're packed with more functions. For me, weight and size of the handset are crucial. I'm a simple gal, fancy phones don't appeal to me. :)

During my internet trawls a few days ago, I found an exellent JK Rowling interview at MuggleNet.com. I confess I'm a fanatic HP nut and have re-read my set for unknown number of times. On my second reading (or perhaps the third) of the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, I've a new conclusion on the morality of Snape. This is a major spoiler and I'm not about to spring it on folks who have not read the book. Read between the lines; Things are not what they seem to be. Chuckles

Signing out now, lovely week to everyone! :)


2 comment(s):

cool picture...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:21 AM  

That's one of my favourite pic :) And don't we all need a little more of "Peace, love and Happiness"...

By Blogger Michelle, at 4:22 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home