Dreams, Illusions, Bubbles, Shadows

16 October 2006

Stand Up for Children

I like the way my brother calls out my name in a crowd and holds my hand warmly. The unconditional trust from a child is so precious. I want to protect the childhood of the marginalised children, be it the latchkey children, children with life-threatening illnesses or children with special needs. Love from parents can change the direction our lives may take. I just hope by sharing my life with the little ones and writing love into their lives will make 'growing up' a happy future to look forward to.

Image taken from Children's Cancer Foundation

From Autobiography of a Geisha by Sayo Masuda,
"If you have the heart of a human being and you become the parent of a human being, then even if it exhausts every bit of your energy, until that child can walk alone I want you to do your duty as a parent."
Babes: A programme by Beyond Social Services to support pregnant teenagers.

A person can be bought and sold. But not a person's life. The life of a child is too precious to be discarded.


0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home