Dreams, Illusions, Bubbles, Shadows

26 September 2005

7 pieces.

1. Forgetting Birthdays

I found myself excusing my forgetfulness/thoughtlessness with my detached online presence [thus] did not read the birthday reminder in my bursting inbox and [thus] forgot about a friend's birthday and [thus] this lame excuse. I'm wholely chastised.

Allow me to make some humble compensations: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANELLA!

2. Dug out 10-year-old vintage Disney and Sesame Street shirts.

It must have been sixth sense that prompted me to dig the depths of my sister's wardrobe over the weekend for the Mickey Mouse & Big Bird shirts I had in primary school. Lo and behold! They still fit! (After note: When other girls are prancing in their dainty frilly dresses, I've defied the natural laws of growth with my baby walrus girth.) On hindsight, if not for my faster-than-usual growth rate, my Mickey Mouse tops won't fit me now. Talk about trade off...

Hee...anyway, I'm extremely exhilarated with my Disney shirts just in time for the Hong Kong Disneyland buzz too!

3. My affair with my track shoes.

I ended off the week with a 3.2km mark. cheeeerss! Would be increasing the frequency of my evening jogs to 5 days a week and adding on miles as I progress onward with my faithful Reeboks.

4. Guilty of not reading even a tabloid column for two weeks.

This is the result of sleeping at 4am and waking up (in shock) at 11.55pm. Charge to the bathroom; brush my teeth and wax my tangled sticking-out-at-all-ends hair simultaneously; make coffee, tear to my bedroom, throw on any assortment of clothes; wolf down the coffee & stash any visible piece of paper on my work desk into my bag; grab my sandals and RUN for the lift. Reach level 1, forgot to bring chapter 2 for lecture. Spend 1.5 minutes cursing and praying. Open the door lock with clumsy fingers. Drop the heavy padlock on my toes. More curses. Charge to my desk. Can't find any chapter 2. Chapter 2 stuck gleefully in between the stash of messy papers. Can't even muster a "Stupid idiot". Reach school. Thirty minutes early. Could not understand why. Found out [today] my clock was tampered with. It's thirty minutes early. Squeeze my eyes shut and bangs head on the table.

5. Always hungry at night

I take after my dad like an angku kueh. This includes an enormous night appetite. After 10pm, I'm a cookie monster raiding every jar and tin for snacks. The wastepaper basket is the only container unturned.

Solution: Non-fat yogurts. I recommend Marigold non-fat strawberry, mixed berries and blueberry yogurts. Keeps your sweet tooth happy without adding on the pounds.

After the one week long night raids, I've stocked up on yogurts and fresh fruits. The fridge currently holds seedless green grapes, fuji apples, sunkist oranges and california plums.

6. Detox weekend

Saturday is reserved for detoxification which means a leisurely lazy day spent at home. No mingling with noisy weekend shopping crowds or evening jogs.

I've been using Elken Fujita Lactose-S (orange flavour). It's highly effective, I must say! My intestines feel cleansed after the purge of weekly-accumulated toxins. The Lactose-S contains lactose, oligosaccharides, plant enzyme, lactice acid forming bacteria (Bifidus & Laclis), orange powder. An organic formula that will go well with the health watchers.

To reiterate the importance of staying at home after taking Lactose-S, let me share an unfortunate saturday. In my hurry to join my mum for shopping, I forgot cleanly about the Lactose-S I drank in the morning. Almost died holding my bladder at the shopping mall. This is partly of my habitual dislike for public toilets. Lesson learnt: detox, shopping - choose one.

7. Still think Alex Bogusky is cute.

Won over four hundred creative awards for CP + B as creative director.
2002 - Inducted into the American Advertising Federation's Hall of Achievement
2004,2005 - Chairman of International ANDY Awards (Oscars for advertising)

This is what I called brains + looks + money.

(In small print: I'm such a hopeless gitz.)


0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home