Dreams, Illusions, Bubbles, Shadows

13 October 2005

I GOT THE SCHOLARSHIP!!!!!!!

I exploded precisely at 7.40am, Thur, 13 Oct 2005. Witness: Jacqueline.

Jacq handed me the thin SIM envelope. My heart did a double take. I reached out for it with gurgling anxiety. Thin envelopes at this critical month only mean two things - IN or OUT of scholarship.

I tore the envelope with trembling fingers. Those fingers shook the most when you need them to be dexterous and quick. First word, Congrations! My heart skipped a beat.

I am pleased to inform you that your application for the SIM Scholarship is successful.

I cried for god after the punctuation. Hopped around regardless of the number of shaking ceilings of the residents beneath. Exclaimed in disbelief over and over again despite Jacq standing near, thinking I've gone demented. It's quite an irony, Jacq is the first one to know I got a scholarship. LOL. Talk about fate and destiny.

Now: 8.15 am I swear I'm composed. I've sang the last chorus of Westlife's "Fool Again". Don't ask me why I chose that song. Two explanations I can offer: 1. It's one of the most cheesy songs I can sing off heart. 2. My brain is in complete disarray. Whatever song that comes up in the music jukebox tucked in my brain, I will SCREAM it out LOUD.

Lovely Thursday. And I'm going out with a dear jc classmate after school too! A celebration just in time!!! I really love god (When I say god, I meant the Taoist gods.) and Buddha for their generous blessings.

Thank you list:

1. Mummy - For helping me search for a business suit & graciously sponsor my full attire & loaning her Burberry tote to me (Though I returned it before using it after thinking I had been eliminated.) And force me to really think hard on my vision. Thanks to mummy, I had one now! And it's solid as the Gibraltar! hee

2. Father - For encouragement & concern. He never thinks for a second that I won't make it.

3. Joanne - She read ALL my essays. And judging from the near 60 pages portfolio I submitted, she did quite a fair amount of editing, giving valuable inputs, poking fun at silly mistakes & the final OK signal.

On top of that, she's my voice & decorum training coach. As mentioned in the previous post Penguin Says Quack Quack Quack, I can't even balance my butt on the chair with my legs tucked to the side. The one most important thing Joanne hit me with is power speech. After a subdued life, I 've almost totally forgotten the importance of dynamic power speech. Thanks to her timely reminder, I read a leadership book & many inspirational books thereafter. (Steve Covey's Living the 7 Habits is superb.) The night before the BIG day, I confessed lamely that I was too embarassed to speak before Joanne. Needless to say, I DID NOT practise my interview at all. Scary, isn't it?

One thing I learnt is NEVER ATTEMPT TO MEMORISE A SCRIPT. You'd end up sounding like a fako news anchor. Trust me on that point, I learnt it the hard way after burning out the poor cassette tape with my dismaying oral recordings.

4. LP and Christoper - For guaranteed entertainment & good fun during the killing preparation month.

5. My Sardinas. Chyan, Cheng Ping, Gracia & Biyun rise up to the occassion marvellously. Proof- read my essays even though they were dead busy with insane schedules. And giving me words of encouragement & advice when I'm at my most neurotic state.

6. Joel. I remembered you said I should go write for the newspapers when you I sent you my essays. Lol. I laughed my knuckles off and I still stand by it. I'm not that zai yet. Hahaha! Thanks for helping out with the overall presentation and my killer 10-year career plan. ;p

7. Darsh - Though your editing tips came a tad too late, I appreciated the thoughts & effort put into it. Thanks!

8. My lecturers for fantastic recommendation though some think otherwise of me. It's okay!

9. Jiuan's encouragement --> merci!

10. Admin people. You won't believe how helpful they are. ;p

Deck the hall with lalalala....Fa-la-la--

Gotta get down to serious work now. My accounting sheets for this afternoon's tutorial are still blank. =x Have to write thank you cards etc. So much to do!

What an eventful Thursday. Must ask LP to check my luck forecast on the lunar calendar. My guess is 吉 ;p


0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home