Dreams, Illusions, Bubbles, Shadows

12 October 2005

Blistering Summer @ BC

The heat waves are generating faster than bacteria mutate. The air is getting steamier. The fans outnumbered by 2-infinity, are putting up a valiant fight against the never-ending heat waves with deafening roars. I'm perspiring as if I've just run back from Kallang. My head is splitting with jabs of pains.

I bite my teeth and push myself to finish up the laundry, pack up the place, make a cup of hot Jasmine tea (not before realising there's no ice in the freezer). Waiting for the tea to cool down, my head to clear and the heat to dissipate.

(White flag) I'm crashing the showers for the second time in the evening. It's either a cold shower or sleep in the field in my birthday skin. Since the latter is as unlikely as Singapore snowing in the next five minutes, it's down to a moodless shower.

I miss the air-cons at home, where I have the liberty to turn it on as and when the weather is cracking me. Christopher and LP have an even lower tolerance for heat - Christopher needs the air-con when he watches Sesame Street; LP sleeps with the air-con blasting at 16 degree celsius, full speed through the night. And what do I have with me now? Two pathetic fans.

Enough lamenting. If I'm lucky, the tea will be forgiving on my throat by the time I'm done with a cool splash.


0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home