Dreams, Illusions, Bubbles, Shadows

01 September 2005

What will I be when I'm old, wrinkled and toothless?

Immersed in the laughter and twinkling eyes of children?

Sitting side by side on a park bench, chatting about nothing in particular; Raising two generations of daughters; Walking hand in hand?

Almost too perfect to be true. But who is to say that we can't fabricate a fairy tale or two for daydream pleasure to fill up the monotonous, vacant moments in between lectures? The faux plaster ceiling (incidentally also home to a thriving community of spideys) wobbles with my sinister laughter.

A fairy tale is just the right sweetener to neutralise the unpleasant things I've heard over the past few days. My usual cynism shall take a sabbatical in the attic (till further notice) while I indulge shamelessly in over-the-reality fairy tales.

Signed,
A sucker for fairy tales.


0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home