Dreams, Illusions, Bubbles, Shadows

31 March 2005

Que Sera, Sera

When I was just a little girl,
I asked my mother,
"What will I be?Will I be pretty?Will I be rich?"
Here's what she said to me:

"Que sera, sera,Whatever will be, will be;
The future's not ours to see.
Que sera, sera,
What will be, will be."

Was slaving over stats in sch today with Monica. Killed too much brain cells to calculate the exact casualty rate.

"A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." Joseph Stalin

Stalin has just undermined the death of my grey matter with his doctrine. No wonder he finds it at ease to put his people on the Five-Year programme without any hesitancy.

Monica was keen to take up management next sem. I had my eyes set on banking & finance some donkey years ago and I never had a great liking for management. I think it's a discipline that requires on-the-spot experience rather than bookwork. To put it succinctly, any course we choose now does not guarantee our dream job. A academic discipline that drills us in critical thinking surpass one that teach us the art of regurgitation (which I've admit with regret, I hate memorising).

Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) looks good to me.

In essence, CFA is for those who might want to pursue a career in investment banking or finance, with such positions as equity analyst or portfolio managers. It focuses strongly on financial analysis of equity, fixed income instruments as well as derivatives. A lot of time, CFA exams focus on how to decipher accountants' "creative accounting techniques" and subsequently, discern the true value of a company.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's a whooping 3-yr course. Equivalent/higher than a MBA. So that's a plan for another donkey years to come...

Right now, I'm still keen on a finance degree cos my interest is in risk management and investment banking.

"The subject of "banking and finance" is all about risk. The degree aims to show how financial institutions manage risk, how financial markets trade risk and how new instruments to control risk are developed for the benefit of the economy as a whole.

The intention of the degree is to give an insight into the pivotal role of finance in an industrial economy.

The degree will suit you if you want to pursue a career in accountancy, consulting, commercial or investment banking, trading and sales or risk management."

Seeing Cp and gracia, the two savvy Business undergrad, prompts me to merit business and management some credit. Perhaps a Business major for me next sem? Hmm...I'm confused
*Annoyed*


0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home