Dreams, Illusions, Bubbles, Shadows

01 May 2006

The rain & the storm.

An ominous storm is brewing in the grey skies. I hurried my footsteps along the narrow sheltered walkway outside school. Great metallic creatures crawled cautiously on the slippery roads. The crowd at the bus-stop multiplied quickly, I shifted uncomfortably, balancing a killer 3-inch file precariously on my sore hands. Unknowingly, I drifted into a daze. Exactly how long did I maintain the awkward pose of grabbing my file tightly to my chest, I don't know. A shrill honk! jerked me to reality with the gravity of a free fall. I surveyed the road for the culprit. It was a flamboyant red fiat. An equally arrogant guy sat at the wheel. If he thought a honk would scare the homely honda under the protection of a provisional license plate on the adjacent lane into letting him cut queue, he's dreadfully mistaken. The sturdy honda snubbed the racy fiat silently by inching closer to the car before it. Ha! 1-0 to the plain Jane.

An hour later, I stepped out of a freezing shower. A streak of lightning pierced through the skies followed by a thunderous roar. A wave of tranquility swept over me. It was a soothing peace I've not felt for ages. On this extraordinarily peaceful day, I sprayed on a generous amount of Oceanus bodymist. Enveloped in this nostagic scent, for a moment, everything was alright. Nothing has changed in this frozen space of time.

I've stubbornly refused to wash my hands after spraying the bodymist. The sweet scent still hovers over my body but the magic spell it had cast was broken by the chilly wind.

This is 2006, may 1. The present. My present.


0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home